Tuesday, April 4, 2017

My Life as a Student Teacher

Hi everyone! My name is Emma Vaccaro, and I'm a senior majoring in early childhood and childhood education with a co-major of STEM!

On February 16th, I turned in my application and all the documents needed to student teach for this coming fall. So many emotions ran through my mind- first, thankfulness to all the advisors and professors that helped me become the teacher I am today.

Next, excitement; hopefully I would be placed back in the same school where I taught fourth grade. Lastly, I felt a strange familiarity, as if this was something that had happened before, because it had; I had already taught in a preschool, as well as second, third and fourth grade.

I've already learned some pretty important life lessons. An example is how Dr. Suess' book Bartholomew and the Oobleck taught me that like when making Oobleck, always have a good and quick method for clean-up. Something else that I learned while teaching second grade was to always make sure you have an explanation for everything. These, as well as the other lessons that I've learned while student teaching, are definitely important and are sure to help me in my future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment