Anyone else jealous that the freshman class already moved in? Get excited, because we made you a list of things to remember before moving back to Hofstra!
- Contact your
roommate before moving in: Whether you’re best friends or complete strangers, keep in
contact so you know what you won’t need to bring.
- Know who your RA is: They’re a great resource when living on your own, and you should be prepared to meet them.
- Know what to bring and not to bring: You don’t want to get in trouble before you even move in.
- No, you can’t bring your dog with you: That’s why we have cats on campus!
- Figure out your schedule: Know when you have to go to class, attend that club meeting, meet with that professor, etc. This way, you won’t be overwhelmed when classes start.
- Know where your classes are: You don’t want to walk in late to class on the first day because you accidentally went to Hauser Hall instead of Heger Hall.
- Don’t overpack: We know you want to bring everything back to your dorm, but it’ll be hard to focus with all that clutter around your room.
- More importantly, don’t underpack: You might need that jacket sooner than you think…
- Remember to bring school supplies and textbooks: College is fun, but it’s not fun when you’re the guy that forgot his pen on the first day of classes.
- Know what’s going on: Check the Hofstra calendar and plan which campus events you’re going to go to when you move back.
For more tips on what to bring and more, check out Hofstra’s move-in brochure here!