Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Why I Love My Hofstra Professors

Hey! My name is Daphne, and I'm a junior Public Relations and Drama major. Something really special about Hofstra is that the professors here are happy to help whenever we need it. For example, when I was applying for internships my fall semester of sophomore year, I didn’t know where to start. One of my professors sat down with me and laid out the exact steps I needed to take. She gave me a timeline of when I should complete everything, as well as a list of her personal contacts, several of whom I interviewed with! 

This resource doesn't stop at the communications department. Whenever I need to talk to someone about concerns or next steps to take, my drama professors are always more than willing to discuss these things with me, as well. They encourage students to take on individual projects and help mentor you through them. When I doubted which direction to go with my double major, I reached out to one of my favorite professors in the department. She offered to talk me through her career and answer any questions I had. We ended up having a two-hour discussion over coffee. It was an enlightening talk, and I was really able to learn a lot from her speaking about her past experiences. I instantly felt better about the direction I was headed with in my major.

The professors here aren't only well-connected, but they also willing go above and beyond to help you. When I think about the reasons I'm happy about being here at Hofstra, I would definitely have to say the professors are at the top of my list.

No comments: