Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Don't Stop Dancing

Hi, my name is Lauren Acone, I'm a public relations major at Hofstra University - oh, and I have a strong passion for dance. Did you know there are a variety of dance clubs on campus? 

I'm involved in transcenDANCE - and I'm also the vice president. I joined transcenDANCE as a first-year, not knowing anyone on the team, but I soon became friends with so many amazing people. 

During my second year on the team, we grew bigger and closer. We had about 20 new members join, and everyone started hanging out outside practice. We started having “family dinners” at one of our dining halls after practice and did fun things on the weekends together in the city! A few of the members even made a family tree at the end of the year and gave it to everyone as a gift.

Before our Fall Fest 2015 performance
This year, when the president and I became in charge of the team, we wanted to keep the positive, friendly, open atmosphere of the team alive. We gained about 30 new members, which was more than ever before! We truly are a family - not just a team. 

Dance is a great way to express yourself!
Everyone on my team is there for me. It is amazing to be a part of something bigger than yourself. transcenDANCE is the perfect way for me to fit in and have a family away from home. Plus, I get to do what I love with people I love!

No comments: