Friday, October 21, 2016

Did Somebody Say Drag?

Hey! My name is Jon Butterworth, and I'm an education major from Westbrook, CT. Attending the 9th Annual Drag Show here at Hofstra in early October was a very cool experience. As a first-year student last year, I had no clue what to expect and it definitely set the bar pretty high for this year's show. Last year was a blast, but this year everything was bigger and better. 

With the e-Board of the Pride Network in charge of planning the drag show, they decided that after many successful shows, it was time to do things a little different. They arranged for a large portion of ticket sales to go towards the survivors and families of the victims of the recent Pulse Night Club shooting in Orlando, Florida. 

The show this year delivered incredible performances by students, New York City-native Yahua Yamasaki, RuPaul's Drag Race all-star Latrice Royale, and special guest host... Miss Anita Waistline (Miss Pulse Nightclub 2016)! The show had us all laughing, dancing in our seats, and just begging for more! I cannot wait to see what next year's show will bring! 

Anita Waistline and Latrice Royale

No comments: