Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Meet the Pride Guides: Grace

Name: Grace Young
Hometown: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Major: Marketing
Year: Junior

1. Why did you apply to be a Pride Guide?

I applied to be a Pride Guide because I love meeting prospective students and sharing my experiences at Hofstra with them. Looking back to when I was in their shoes and visiting Hofstra, I remember how much more comfortable I was because I was able to meet current students that I could relate to. 

2. What is something most people don't know about you?

Although I am a marketing major, theatre has been a passion of mine for about 12 years! I even graduated from a performing arts high school.

3. What advice do you have for first year students?

Don’t be afraid to get to know your professors! Hofstra professors care about their students and want to get to know you. Visit their office hours, say hello to them when you see them around campus, and participate in class.

4. Describe your transfer orientation.

I transferred into Hofstra during the Spring, and I was very nervous coming into a new school where students in my year might already be situated. However, I was able to meet other transfer students at orientation, and I was assigned a transfer mentor that I could come to with any questions. I also participated in Welcome Week activities around campus to meet other students!

No comments:

Post a Comment