Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Shayna's in Ireland!

Walking Glen cholm cille!
Dia duit! My name is Shayna and I'm a senior at Hofstra University. I'm a Psychology major with a minor in Management. I'm currently studying in Ireland at the National University of Ireland, Galway campus. When I was in the college search process, I always knew I wanted to study abroad. Traveling has always been something important to me and to have the opportunity to study and immerse myself in another country's culture is something I could not pass up! When it came to picking the right abroad program, I knew I did not want to be gone for an entire semester. My program is only a month, which is perfect for me as it gives me the chance to take one class while meeting my degree requirements and still be able to attend classes in the Fall semester with my friends.

With my best friend in Sligo!
Going abroad was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Being with other Hofstra students and learning about the culture has broadened my horizons and exposed me to things I would have never known before! During my month here, I have also visited many other cities like Dublin and Dingle, among others. I'm so excited to bring my experiences back to Hofstra with me. Cheers!

No comments: