Welcome Week is only one month away! If you ask any Hofstra student for a highlight from their four years here, odds are Welcome Week will be the overwhelming response. So many Hofstra students enjoy this week because not only do they get see their friends from orientation, but there are a variety of fun events and activities that happen on and off campus! Here's a list of some our Pride Guides' favorite Welcome Week moments!
1. You get to hang out with your OL! At this point you already know an upperclassman who knows everyone on campus! Talk to them and see who they can introduce you to or what student organizations they can recommend.
2. SO MANY Explore Next Door (END) trips are offered. From Mets games and bike tours of Central Park to scavenger hunts in the Museum of Natural History, there's a trip for everyone. And the best part? They're FREE for students!
|Top of the Rock - END Trip|
3. At the end of the first day of Welcome Week, there's a "class welcome," where current students and faculty line up and cheer on the incoming class! It's a great time to really get excited about the next four years!
4. In case you're really good at mini-golf, and even if you aren't, the Axinn Open is a great way to see what our library is all about! Play putt-putt along stacks of books and in the museum on the 10th floor!
|Class of 2017 Photo|
5. The class photo is the first time you get to see the entire class together. It's a great tradition to be a part of, and it will be cool to look back on when commencement comes around.
6. Who doesn't love to dance?! There's a really fun dance party with a DJ, lights, food and good vibes! Show off your moves and have a great time with new friends.
7. The New Student BBQ is a great opportunity to branch out and meet new people or hang out with your orientation group! A DJ and all your BBQ needs will be there, including veggie burgers!
8. The best thing to do in college is get involved, and what better way to find the club for you than the Club Carnival? Most of our clubs and organizations will be represented so you can definitely find some clubs that interest you.
*Don't forget to join the Welcome Week conversation on social media using #HofWelcome2020!