Friday, March 2, 2012

Admitted Student Day - AWESOME!

Admitted Student Day was tons of fun!

This past Sunday, February 26th was our first admitted student day of 2012. The event was from 9am-2pm and was extremely successful. My day started a little earlier at 7am.

I am a sophomore marketing major at Hofstra. I am from Manchester, New Hampshire which is about forty-five minutes north of Boston. On campus I am very active in different clubs and organizations. If I am not busy with either of those or my school work I am most likely taking in the sights of New York City (which is only twenty-five miles away).

As I mentioned before my admitted student day began at 7am. I love admitted student day it is one of my favorite things about working for admissions. The first part of my day consisted of greeting families and the admitted students. The very first family I spoke with actually live twenty minutes from my house in New Hampshire. I enjoy speaking with students from my home state; definitely a great way to start my day. After that I greeted and congratulated more families before the opening session. The rest of my day was spent showing admitted students and their families around our beautiful campus.

My favorite part of admitted student day is speaking with the admitted student’s and their families. I love being able to show my pride, talking about why Hofstra was the right choice for me, and all the amazing opportunities I have been given because I am a student at Hofstra; an internship with the New York Islanders, a member of WRHU and planning the New York State Communications conference this past fall just to name a few things I have done. Honestly I could not have created a better university for myself. 
I have been so happy here and I look forward to my last two years here.

Last but certainly not least CONGRATULATIONS to everyone accepted to Hofstra University! I was in your position two years ago and I know the excitement of receiving an acceptance letter. Hopefully we see you all on our wonderful campus in the fall. Once again congratulations on your acceptance! Welcome to the pride class of 2016! 

-Peyton 

No comments: